We are proud to be the distributors of Monostop ThermoRoof, a product developed by a leading Greek company called Berling. Monostop ThermoRoof is a Cool Roof Paint that is designed to reflect more sunlight and absorb less heat than a standard roof. A Cool Roof can benefit a building and its occupants by:
- Reducing energy bills by decreasing air conditioning needs.
- Improving indoor comfort for spaces that are not air conditioned, such as garages or covered patios.
- Decreasing roof temperature, which may extend roof service life.
Beyond the building itself, cool roofs can also benefit the environment, especially when many buildings in a community have them. Cool roofs can:
- Reduce local air temperatures (sometimes referred to as the urban heat island effect)
- Lower peak electricity demand, which can help prevent power outages
- Reduce power plant emissions, including carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrous oxides, and mercury, by reducing cooling energy use in buildings.
A unique characteristic that Monostop ThermoRoof boasts over any other cool roof paint on the market is that it is 100% waterproof, being able to hold ponding water. This means that it can be applied directly to any substrate without it having to be sealed beforehand. It may therefore act as a substitute to your conventional bitumen membrane, whilst also providing the benefits of a Cool Roof. The product is CE certified, has no VOC’s and totally ‘Green’.